Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A new home for Kristen's Guide content about health, wellness, and life skills

Excuses Excuses

I cannot believe it has been over a year since I updated Kristen's Guide.  In Internet years, that's like dropping out for a decade.  I've been working hard in graduate school, studying mental health counseling and clinical psychophysiology, and have learned a lot that I want to share with my readers, but because I've been so busy, I haven't had time to design anything new or post any of the great information I've learned.

But Really, I Can Explain

Now, Kristen's Guide needs some serious updating.  I know you've noticed it too.  Many of my fans have been contacting me and wondering when I'll post new printables, calendars, checklists, articles, how-to guides, calculators, etc.  I've had several messages from people worried that Kristen's Guide was going offline.  I've even had multiple offers to sell it.  But, don't worry, it's sticking around.  However, rather than just updating things the same ol' way, I'm going to try something new.  Kristen's Guide will still have lots of great information about a wide variety of topics and free printables, and I will update it, but I'm also starting a new site: All Together Wellness at http://www.alltogetherwellness.com

Introducing All Together Wellness: A Health and Wellness Focused Site from the Creator of Kristen's Guide

The goal of All Together Wellness is to have a website/blog that has more specific wellness and health focused information along with life skills that everyone can use.  All other topics that don't fit into a wellness category (e.g. coding web pages and shopping guides) will still be on Kristen's Guide.  All Together Wellness will also be less focused on me personally, which will allow for guest posts from other experts and professionals instead of just having every post be,well, "Kristen's Guide to ...."  Plus, it will be database driven using flexible platforms, so we can expand it as needed.  For all you non-geeks out there, that means it can do more than the old Kristen's Guide website.  At All Together Wellness, in addition to having articles and printables, we could have life skills and wellness courses that you can enroll in online, forums for getting questions answered, and social networking so you can keep in touch with like-minded people through popular social sites like Facebook and Google+.  It will take some time, of course, to get everything up and running, but we're already posting new content, and it will continue to grow.

Local Resources Too

For those of you who live in or near Gresham, Oregon (East Portland Metro), on All Together Wellness you'll also find information about local health and wellness resources since we have quite a shortage of online resources for this area.

For those of you who live in other parts of the world, we'll do our best to put up national and international health and wellness resources that can help you get pointed in the right direction.

Grand Opening Tour Time!

So head over to All Together Wellness, take a look around, and let me know what you would like to see there.  Then subscribe to the feed or follow us on Facebook or Twitter to easily get updates.

See you there!